Sunday, January 13, 2013

WINNING!

So, as some of you may know, I entered a graphic design contest earlier this month.

Guess what?! *spoiler alert*

I WON!!! 

So this is how it all started...

I was just sitting around hanging with the kiddos when I got a text from our local rock radio station, 104.9 The X, calling all graphic designers to enter a design in their "Beat the Designer" contest for their 13th annual Rock n' Roll up Your Sleeve Blood Drive. It was literally one day before the submission deadline but since I wasn't doing anything and the littlest one was napping I figured I'd give it go. I never win things anyway but it was just fun to get out a little creative energy. I submitted two designs and didn't give it a second thought.

Fast forward to the following week...I'm cooking dinner with the family and get a phone call, I rarely answer numbers that I don't know but this one looks familiar. Turns out it was someone from the radio station telling me that one of my designs was chosen as the winner!!

WOW!

Like I said, I never win anything...like, ever. So needless to say I was excited... I managed to maintain my cool while we discussed a few revisions they wanted to see and hung up. Then I literally RAN to the kitchen and started doing a happy dance, bouncing up and down screaming, "I won, I won!" Kyle thought I was a little nuts-o. Apparently he never doubted for a second that I would win, awwwwwww.  Anyway...on to the designs! Which is what I know you all wanted to see, not my ramblings. lol.


So first we have the winning design


Then the second design I submitted, admittedly my favorite of the two designs
Here's the final revised design
 So be one of the first 104 people to attempt to donate on Saturday, January 14th at Park Lanes from 9-4 pm and you'll get a free shirt with my design!

No comments:

Post a Comment